Having the time to eat at LeakyCon is the literal struggle.
First you have to wait on huge lines to get to food in the first place, and second, the food in the center is expensive as the stores the Malfoys might frequent.
Let’s not even get into the fact that you might have a super awesome meet-up or panel to get to right the freak now! or that people have already started lining up for a signing you wanted to attend two hours ago while you were doing yoga with Evanna Lynch.
You, however we might hope, cannot get a pass on eating and drinking for a weekend though, so here are some cool convention hacks to help you stay nourished and ALIVE without missing events or emptying your pockets on a $10.00 dried patty between two conveniently cut pieces of a yoga mat.
TIP 1: When you’re shoving cosplay into your suitcase, SHOVE SNACKS IN THERE TOO.
- Snacks should be dried and sealed to travel with
- No liquid snacks will make it through a TSA check point unless it’s below 3 ounces and even then it might spill in your bag
- Think granola bars to pair with yoghurt you can get at the grocery store when you get there
- SPEAKING of grocery stores, you can easily go and buy some snacks when you get to Orlando. That way you can save space in your suitcase to pack more cosplay, and save money for MERCH by not having to buy food at a restaurant 3 times a day
- If you still aren’t sure which snacks you should buy/pack, think “What can I eat in front of people, store in my bag without it spilling, and hold with one hand.” and that should help you!
TIP 2: Buy a refillable water bottle that is easy to fill and carry. They have super cool ones that clip to your bag now!
- Be sure to get one that isn’t too big. That way when it’s filled with water, it’s not too much trouble to carry around
- The opening should be wide so that you can easily refill your bottle at water fountains in the convention center
If there is anything else you’d like to know ASK AWAY! Seriously, I love helping people.